Sport On The Box is giving one of our followers the chance to win 3 tickets to attend the inaugural iPay2Play, a one-off charity football event featuring many famous faces, at Wembley on Monday 21st May.
It is the brainchild of former Ghanaian U-21 international Papa Agyemang and Peterborough United’s Gabriel Zakuani, and aims to raise money for Tackle Africa, a charity that uses football coaching to educate young Africans about sexual health, relationships and HIV.
You will get the chance to sees a host of professional athletes and celebrities battle it out for glory on the Powerleague pitch located in the shadows of Wembley Stadium, the home of English football.
Participants include Arsenal’s Emmanuel Frimpong, rap star Lethal Bizzle, DJ Eddie Kadi, Fulham’s Matthew Briggs, West Ham’s Carlton Cole, Newcastle’s Nile Ranger, and many more.
All participants have paid towards their place in the tournament (hence the name, iPay2Play) and are all raising money for this great cause.
One of SOTB’s lucky followers has the chance to get their hands on 3 tickets to attend this exclusive event, which will be held at Lucozade Powerleague, just outside Wembley Stadium, on Monday 21st May at 1pm.
THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED.
Many thanks for all of your entries. More competitions to follow soon.
iPAY2PLAY has managed to land some major players from the Premier League, international football and the world of music and entertainment.
The event involving professional athletes and celebrities aiming to use sports as a tool to raise funds for charity projects in Africa and other developing countries.
The long list of players and celebrities is below. Click on their names to donate to their fundraising pages.Gabriel Zakuani – Peterborough and DR Congo Kwesi Appiah – Crystal Palace Leon Legge – Brentford Emmanuel Frimpong – Arsenal (pictured above) Yannick Bolasie – Bristol City Eddie Kadi – Comedian and DJ Kazenga LuaLua – Brighton and Hove Albion Lomana Tresor LuaLua – Blackpool and DR Congo Craig Mackail-Smith – Brighton and Hove Albion Albert Adomah – Bristol City and Ghana Matthew Briggs – Fulham Kevin J – Comedian Kwadwo Asamoah – Udinese and Ghana Justin Hoyte – Middlesbrough Lethal Bizzle – Rap star Kojo – Comedian and DJ Carlton Cole – West Ham and England Nile Ranger – Newcastle and England U21
iPAY2PLAY will consist of four 5-a-side teams, three of which are comprised of professional players & celebrities and one of a corporate sponsors.
Teams will play each other once, after which there will be a further two matches between the first and second-placed teams and third and fourth-placed teams to determine the Champions and third and fourth places respectively.
iPAY2PLAY will be held on Monday 21st May and begin at 1pm. It will be covered by Sky Sports, BBC Sport and many more.
If you would like to donate; Text IPAY12 + amount (e.g £5) to 70070 or visit www.justgiving.com/ipay2play
- The prize on offer is 3 tickets to attend iPAY2PLAY at Powerleague Wembley, Royal Route, Off Engineers Way, Adjacent to Wembley Stadium, London, HA9 0WS, on Monday 21st May 2012.
- You must be available to travel and attend the event on the date and location above.
- Travel/accomodation to the venue is NOT included in the prize.
- To enter the competition you must follow @SportOnTheBox on Twitter and retweet the following message: #WIN 3 tickets to @iPAY2PLAY Charity Football Event at Wembley – Follow @SportOnTheBox & RT to enter – (LINK)
- You must be over 18 AND a UK resident to enter the competition.
- An RT/follow from one account counts as one entry. Entries from individuals using multiple accounts will not be accepted.
- The competition will close on Wednesday 16th May 2012 at 23:59 GMT.
- One winner will be selected at random from all valid entries, with the draw being made shortly before 10:00am GMT on Thursday 17th May 2012.
- The winner will be announced via @SportOnTheBox at 10:15am on Thursday 17th May 2012, and will be sent a direct message from us which will request for an e-mail address to contact the winner on.
- The winner will be required to pick up their tickets from the box office outside the venue on the day of the event, and take some form of identity (drivers’ licence, passport etc).
- If the winner does not respond within 2 days, we reserve the right to pick another winner from all valid entries received.
- Sport On The Box accepts no responsibility for late, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise.